- You sign up to an account with OnRelay such that you have the necessary user license(s) and / or mainline license on which to receive the ported number(s).
- You fill in the below Number Port - Letter of Authorization Form, and submit it alongside a recent bill copy that proves ownership of your numbers.
- OnRelay submits the port request to its network providers.
- You will soon after be notified of the exact time and date the number port will take effect, normally 3-5 days after OnRelay submits the port request on your behalf.
- Before the number port takes effect your account with OnRelay will be ready and setup, and you will receive corresponding welcome emails with setup instructions, such that you can register mobile apps , IP phones and PC softphones as required and be ready to receive calls before the port takes effect.
- At the time the number port takes effect, calls to your number will be routed by the public phone networks to OnRelay, and you can also place calls from your ported number(s) from OnRelay's service.
- When you have confirmed the number port has taken effect and you are receiving calls as expected, you can cancel your service with your existing provider.